[mcclinti@student.lansing.cc.mi.us] Re: Sparc 2 Systems

Edward Glowacki glowack2@key-largo.cl.msu.edu
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:40:59 -0400 (EDT)

Sparc chips are generally faster per MHZ than Intel chips, and having SCSI
instead of IDE is another good advantage.  It would probably make an
excellent Xterm.  Another option if the monitor is color: stick on another
hard drive, make it into a low end web/mail server, and spend the $$$ to
buy the adapter so you can stick the big monitor on your workstation. =)
I have a Sun fixed frequency monitor working at home on my PC, works
great.  I assume putting a PC monitor on a Sun wouldn't be that hard
either, so long as you have the right adapters and the monitor can handle
the frequencies.  If anyone is interested, I'll dig up where I bought my
adapters from.

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu