linux + old laptop = ??

Jason Denniston denniston1@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:23:46 -0700 (PDT)

I just aquired a Compaq Contura AERO 486 SX 33 w/ 4mb
ram, and 165mb hd.  I don't have a very good grasp of
Linux, and an even worse idea of laptops.  Basically
all i want the computer for is word processing and
email while i'm traveling. That brings me to my two
questions.  1)I know that i cannot upgrade the
processor, but does anyone know how to find out about
the upgradability of this machine / how do the system
resources of this machine line up with running Linux
and xf86? 2) Am i better off to just leave win 3.1 &
ms works, and get some sort of a limited feature
internet browser, and leave well enough alone?