LILO

Alan Garrison agarris@voyager.net
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:01:26 -0400

Cory Spitz wrote:

> Thanks.  Sorry I left off the /etc/lilo.conf file.  Here you go:
>
> [root@spitzcor spitzcor]# cat /etc/lilo.conf
> # LILO configuration created by QuickInst 21  Sat Apr 29 14:50:58 EDT
> 2000
>
> boot = /dev/hda
> compact
> delay = 5       # optional, for systems that boot very quickly
> vga = normal    # force sane state
> root = current  # use "current" root
> image = /boot/vmlinuz
>   label = linux
> other = /dev/hda1
>   table = /dev/hda
>   label = win95

I'm not sure what "root=current" does.  Try adding:
    root=/dev/hda8  # your linux boot appears to be /dev/hda8
under the "image=/boot/vmlinuz" entry.  I have a dual-boot
system of Mandrake 7 and Win98 (this workstation I'm typing
this on actually), and my lilo.conf has a "root" entry
for the Linux partition.  I have never runned the QuickInst
thing, so I don't know what it does exactly.