Newbe Question: Actually two questions ?

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:41:10 -0400 (EDT)

> -First Question ?
>
> I just setup a fresh install of RH 6.2
>
> nothing fancy.
>
> I have an old HPLJIII attached to it via parallel
>
> when I "lpr text.txt" I get a blank page.
>
> When I "lpr" to it with bigger text pages I get more blank pages.
>
> Could anyone answer this for me ?

I don't know about the rest but I find it always helpful if people include with
their questions as much as possible of related output. In this case
'cat /etc/printcap' would probably be a good start.

It seems that there is a few new newbies[1] reading along here so don't feel shy

to send questions but additional operating system output really increases the
chances of getting a good answer.

[1]*Considers himself a newbie again since he read Ben's scary story*

 mk

PS: Could it be that you got the same problem as I did with the newline
character? A filter problem?