[Fwd: Funky hardware problem]

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:13:06 -0400 (EDT)

I dont think anyone thought he was crazy, its actually a protection scheme
because technically ps/2 isnt hot-plugable.

You might want to try plugging in the power on your kvm switch. I know on
my mac ADB (apple desktop bus, basically about the same thing as USB
but a lot slower and older, also like what Sun uses) kvm switch it dumps
the power leads from the cpu and replaces it with the internal power
supply. This makes sure you not getting large current jumps when you
switch between boxes which may be causing your "circuit breaker" on your
board to go off.

I still use it even though Macs replaced the old ADB with new version of
adb which is hotswappleable in like around 93..