[Fwd: Funky hardware problem]

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
05 Aug 2000 21:39:56 -0400

Sean <picasso@madflower.com> writes:

> I dont think anyone thought he was crazy, its actually a protection scheme
> because technically ps/2 isnt hot-plugable.

And in fact plugging a PS/2 mouse into my computer freezes it
solid, but only if one wasn't plugged into it at boot time.  If
one was plugged in at boot time then I can plug and unplug like a
crazed weasel with no problems.

> I still use it even though Macs replaced the old ADB with new version of
> adb which is hotswappleable in like around 93..

It wasn't technically hotswappable before that?  I certainly
abused a half dozen Mac Classics and LC IIs a helluva lot, then,
with no problems.  Or maybe those are post-93 Macs, you probably
remember better than I do.