OT, But interesting

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 17:16:37 GMT

>From: Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu>
>To: "Tim Schmidt" <computer_holic@hotmail.com>
>CC: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
>Subject: Re: OT, But interesting
>Date: 06 Aug 2000 10:15:02 -0400
>
>"Tim Schmidt" <computer_holic@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > http://www.hardocp.com/news_images/2000/aug2k/080500b.html
>
>I'm unable to read that article with lynx, w3m, or links: all I
>get is links to three "IFRAME"s, which just contain ads, no
>content.

Just for you Ben, here's the addy of the real picture:

http://www.hardocp.com/news_images/2000/aug2k/smalldie.jpg

Also, I wanted to explain wht I was trying to infer about the higher-end
Intel CPU's.  Since Linux seems to like more conservative settings (from my
experience) I wouldn't reccomend running it on a PIII-C 1 or 1.13Ghz.  They
would like be unstable (in fact, a large percentage of the 1.13Ghz models
won't even run Windows stabily -- insert windows jokes here).  If you're
looking to run Linux on a GHz box, AMD's the only way to go.