Time zones

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
07 Aug 2000 16:35:52 -0400

"Daniel R . Kilbourne" <drk@netophilia.net> writes:

> type 'man date'  :)
>
> you can use date to set it, although I forget exactly how.

Not with the version of date on my system at least.

> or you can use 'timeconfig', although this may be a RedHat only utility

Yes, the corresponding Debian utility is tzconfig, for instance.

> I also believe 'hwclock' can be used...

Not really.  You can set the hwclock to either local time or UTC
(== GMT), but it's not meant as a way to set your timezone.
--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil."
--D. E. Knuth, "Structured Programming with go to Statements"