Hey, I got my first whindoze email virus!

Torgo Jr agarris@voyager.net
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:04:25 -0400

Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Torgo Jr <agarris@voyager.net> writes:
>
> > Got the "resume.txt.vbs" in my Netscape for Linux email
> > program (gawd I need to switch to mutt though...).  After
> > an initial chuckle, I decided to look at the headers, and
> > I am a little confused.  Does what appears below mean that
> > the message originated within aol.com?
>
> It looks forged to me:

That is what I thought, but then again, I'm no network
guy.

>         1. linux-1.osvnidau is not a valid hostname and
>            195.141.11.11 does not resolve in the DNS.

Obviously not a valid hostname...

>         2. 161.58.1.88 does not resolve in the DNS and it
>            certainly is not an AOL mail exchanger (i.e., `telnet
>            161.58.1.88 smtp' produces `connection refused', and
>            AOL is in a different IP net-block).

So someone cracked aol to send this?  Or is the header
forged up until it hits Voyager.net?

--
Alan Garrison  ___ agarris@voyager.net
"MD5:  An encryption method used on the Internet."