Bash & Mounting CD-ROM

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:49:44 -0400

Freebsd.org should exist.  BTW, for the "GLLUG Library"
I can throw a copy of the main Freebsd book, which I
somehow have acquired two of them.  If you come to
the Sunday meeting, you can borrow it.

(Perhaps we should have a GLLUG Librarian, since I
have 10 or so books in a stack at my place that
is the current GLLUG Technical Library).  I'll bring
everything on Sunday (if I'm there).

>>> "Alex Morris" <egore100@hotmail.com> 08/22/00 09:30AM >>>
I have recently installed FreeBSD.  However, I have two huge problems (plus
a whole slew of little ones).  First off, how the heck do I mount my CD-ROM
drive?  My best guess (which failed miserably) was to do: mount /dev/cd0a
/cdrom

Secondly, how do I switch root from csh to bash?  I have my non-priveledged
user running bash but cannot figure out how to switch root over.

Oh, and as long as I'm asking about mounting, where the heck did /dev/hd*
go?  I need to mount some FAT32 and NTFS5 partitions but don't have a clue
where to find them in my /dev list.

Lastly, where might I find a good resource for learing FreeBSD (freebsd.org
doesn't appear to exist...)?

Thanks,
Alex