Advanced OS Questions only you can answer... (fwd)

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:27:43 -0400

Some of it is undergrad level.  I had a course in
my Jr or Sr year at college which covered a bit of
this (although not terribly in-depth with some of
those topics).  The messages does look like someone
trolling for a free research paper, though.  There
are books out there which covers this stuff, so
I don't know why someone would bother asking for
all that level of detail just because they were
new to FreeBSD (or anything else).

Actually I noticed in the latest O'Reilly catalog
I got yesterday in the mail, there is a new book
coming out which covers how the Linux kernel works.
I know there are others too which probably cover
similar material.

>>> Matt Holtz <matt.holtz@voyager.net> 08/23/00 10:17AM >>>
These are NOT high school level questions.  These are (for you msu
types) CPS 410 (or that's what it was called when I took it in '96).

Honestly, this probably isn't even under grad type stuff.

No WAY is this kid getting these in high school.