my linux box =(

Mr Coffee vegis@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:28:51 GMT

i have finished building my linux computer and i cant get it to install
anythign from CD-Rom.  I suspect its because its a IDE yamaha CD-RW.

what i have in it right now:

tyan tiger mobo
ATI xpert 2000 video card
sound blaster sound card
56k modem (ISA)
10/100 network card

primary IDE controller:

IDE HD
IDE HD

secondary IDE controller:

CD-RW

now when i try to boot it up it doesn't boot off of the cd-rom so i tryed
using a boot disk for that distro. (redhat 6.2 from the meeting i came to)
and it works fine till it says "where will the packets be" i select local
cd-rom.  then my choices are scsi or other
i chose other and it gives me a drivers list. ive tryed all he drivers in
the other and the scsi sections and i always get a message similar to
"/tmp/something.o : init_module : device or rescource busy"
its got me stumped. can anyone help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

					- Stu