my linux box =(

Adam bsdx@looksharp.net
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:04:40 -0400 (EDT)

>ive tryed all different jumper settings. ive had the cd-rom on master and on
>slave and the two hard drives are set to default.  yes the bios/cmos has the
>option of booting from atapi-cdrom, floppy, and any IDE HDD and ive tryed em
>all.

"two hard drives are set to default"  Please tell me this does not mean
both are set to master?   Also if you will be using both hard drives at
once more often than a cdrom + hd, I suggest you put the cdrom as slave on
the first controller and the second hard drive on the second controller as
master.  This will yeild better performance when you use both hard drives
at the same time.  If you do this, remember to burn from the hard drive
not on the controller with the cdrom, so it can read from the hard drive
at the same time it writes to the cdrom.