Another Meeting Topic Idea

Benjamin Minshall minshal1@pilot.msu.edu
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:56:18 -0500

Greetings:

While sitting here in my dorm room, trying to beat my tape drive into
submission, I thought of another good presentation topic.  I, unfortunately,
do not know very much about backups in Linux, but I would like to see a
presentation of the availible solutions.  Perhaps if anyone has some
experience in this area, we could get a presentation volunteer.  It could
cover several different types of backup methods: burning CD-R's, NFS/Samba
network backups, magnetic tape.  Maybe some insight into backup software
like taper, of cpio/tar?  Just something to comment on.

-Ben