cable modem

sokertes@linuxfreemail.com sokertes@linuxfreemail.com
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 20:48:45 -0800

Since the post of one of the members actually getting ADC.net to hook up their DSL and running I was thinking. Dangerous I know. Being in lansing and cable modem access not available yet, I hooked my cable modem up. Put in the settings that are listed on MSU's Student Network Services webpage, and there was network activity. I couldn't get out but arpwatch was catching new ip's off of the cable modem.

One question is what could all this activity be if there is no cable modem access in lansing. The other question is, I work at MSU but I dont live on campus, is there a way to connect to the network or Michnet via the cable modem? That is if there is actually real cable internet access available?

Jack

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!