ipchains and ipmasqadm

Wu, Hu-Hwa HU@cceng.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:11:06 -0500

Can you publish your ipchain rules ??

Maybe you have something blocking them from internal access ??

or Have you tried to remove all of the port deny and reject rules to see if
it works ??

but keep your port forwarding in place.

Something else you might want to try is using sniffit ( if you don't have a
hardware sniffer )to see what's going on when it hits the server.

How about logging for the port, do you have that turned on ??

What's your default gateway set to ??

What's your default gateway set to for the web machine ??

> The problem with this is that it doesn't allow for splitting
> of multiple
> services.  You cant have blah.com split mail, web, ftp, etc..

Isn't that what you are doing though ipmasqadm port forwarding, splitting up
blah.com into various ports accessed by an IP address.

so if http comes in 10.1.1.1 80 -> internally to -> 192.168.1.1 80
or smtp comes in 10.1.1.1 25 -> internally to -> 192.168.1.2 25
or pop comes in 10.1.1.1 110 -> internally to -> 192.168.1.3 110

and so on.

-Hu

Hu-Hwa Wu
Director of Information Systems and Technology
hu@cceng.com
Capital Consultants, Inc.
725 Prudden Street
Lansing, MI  48906