CRON and SMTP

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
18 Dec 2000 17:54:02 -0500

Mike Szumlinski <szumlins@msu.edu> writes:

> Unfortunately, I tried both suggestions and neither seemed to work. Do I
> have to restart cron before it takes place?
>
>     [root@britney /etc]# more /home/ak/crontab
>     MAILTO=""
>     6,42 * * * *       /home/ak/stats > /dev/null

You are showing us a file in your home directory.  Did you
replace the actual crontab with this crontab tab by issuing the
command "crontab /home/ak/crontab"?  There should be no need to
restart cron.
--
"The BOFH persists despite the resistance and criticism from those
 other people, and takes the road less traveled by.  The BOFH does