jetdirect printing solved

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 10:03:05 -0500 (EST)

Just got my X-mas present. I can now print from Windows. I always was
suspicious of the long print command I had. I did wide search on the net
regarding printing on the jetdirect and there was numerous people in the past
who had the same problem as I did.

The LPRng howto refers to Samba:

http://www.astart.com/LPRng/smb.htm

There are two possible options for 'print command' listed there. I took the one
at the bottom of the page, the more complicated one, as it was talking about
guest users.

This didn't work. I can though have Windows print with the simpler top one.

So what is so importantly different in these two and why does just one work for
me?

print command =      /usr/bin/lpr  -P%p -r %s

print command =      /usr/bin/lpr  -U%U@%M -P%p -r %s

mk