Linus' Christmas message

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
24 Dec 2000 15:12:20 -0500

Linus sent a Christmas message to linux-kernel earlier today:

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>
Subject: Re: innd mmap bug in 2.4.0-test12
To: "Marco d'Itri" <md@Linux.IT>
cc: Alexander Viro <viro@math.psu.edu>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Date: 	Sun, 24 Dec 2000 10:10:38 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Marco, would you mind changing the test in reclaim_page(), somewheer
> around line mm/vmscan.c:487 that says:

Yeah, yeah, it's 7PM Christmas Eve over there, and you're in the middle of
your Christmas dinner. You might feel that it's unreasonable of me to ask
you to test out my latest crazy idea.

How selfish of you.

Get back there in front of the computer NOW. Christmas can wait.

		Linus "the Grinch" Torvalds

Okay, so it's not really in the traditional spirit of Christmas
(unless you mean the South Park video short) but it corresponds
with what I'm doing today, which is writing a Simulink tutorial.
Ugh.