DNS/Apache Oddities and Word Perfect

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:08:23 -0500

Here is my current SOA record on Granitecanyon (public DNS):

It has been approved and up for days, yet www and counterstrike do not
resolve anymore. I checked my apache conf file to see if anything is
wrong there, and there doesn't seem to be. It is at
http://198.109.166.183/httpd.txt

If anyone has any ideas why this is not working, let me know. It is
pissing me off.

monkey-dance.com. IN NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
monkey-dance.com. IN NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.
monkey-dance.com. IN RP szumlins.tcimet.net. mike.monkey-dance.com.
mike.monkey-dance.com. IN TXT  "szumlins@mail.mac.com"
localhost.monkey-dance.com. IN A 127.0.0.1
monkey-dance.com. IN A 198.109.166.183
mail.monkey-dance.com. IN CNAME monkey-dance.com.;
www.monkey-dance.com. IN CNAME monkey-dance.com.;
counterstrike.monkey-dance.com. IN CNAME monkey-dance.com. ;
ftp.monkey-dance.com. IN CNAME monkey-dance.com.;
dmb.monkey-dance.com. IN CNAME monkey-dance.com.;
monkey-dance.com.     IN  MX  10  mail.monkey-dance.com.; EXTREF

Second, I can't for the life of me get Word Perfect to install because
alien won't turn it into a rpm from a deb. It just hangs at the command
line with no output. I've even let it run overnight just in case it a
took really long to do, but it never finishes the process. I'll post
Word Perfect for anyone to try to convert for me if someone can just
figure the stupid thing out.

Thanks

-Mike