I'm in hell. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:32:11 -0500

Okay, so I thought my server was running great. It had been up for
several days since I installed the new RAM in it, and by throwing the
mem=262144K onto the command line in lilo, it seemed to recognize all
the RAM. Sometime last night I had a power outage and the server went
down. Now, when I give the mem= command in lilo, it gets to runlevel 3
and just dies. It pulls up a console login, which I can type whatever I
want, but when I hit enter it just deletes the line and doesn't prompt
for a password. Other times it actually locks up (to my knowledge) and I
can't get out at all. I'll publicize any logs/conf/whatever you guys
need to figure this one out because I can't. It really sucks having a
machine with 256MB of RAM that only sees 64 of it.

-Mike