DPMS

Zachary D Cogswell cogswell@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:25:27 -0500 (EST)

i believe you can use 'setterm' to do this
try 'man setterm' and look for -powersave and -powerdown. i think
those are the options that you'd set.

on a semi-related note - does anyone know how to use a screensaver in console?
for instance, if i wanted to run cmatrix (cool console prog to make your
monitor screen look like the ones from the movie the matrix) after x amount
of idle minutes, is there any way to do this without using a daemon to
monitor the system? I tried using a program called csd - console screensaver
daemon, but it ate up 98% of my cpu... any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Zac Cogswell
cogswell@msu.edu