mem upgrade

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 20:56:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I got a machine with SP-586TB motherboard. It has two dimm and 4 simm
slots. So far it had one dimm filled with 32 meg sdram. The motherboard books
states it can take 64 meg edo strips in the simm slots.

I had ordered 4 simms of 64 meg edo ram. The ram was for pentium/586
motherboards only.

Product description: 64MB EDO (16x32 60ns) SIMM 4K Rfrsh 8Chp *Must Install In
Pairs* - For Pent/586 Mthbd only

Well I put the memory into the simm slots and removed the dimm strip of memory.
On boot up it doesn't do much except "beep beep beep" forever.

I reset and reset the memory. Without success. If anybody has got any helpful
tips let me know...

*frustrated*

mk