LUG List Drinking Game?

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:18:20 -0400 (EDT)

After getting a good laugh at the pfaffs in the comp.lang.c drinking game,
at Ben's encouragement to start our own drinking game, and being a slow
day at work, I decided to whip up a few rules for the GLLUGMLDG
(Greater Lansing Linux User's Group Mailing List Drinking Game).  These
aren't meant to offend anybody, and I went to special effort to make sure
my own follies were included in the list (specifically the last one, which
is basically the story of my AGP video card! ;) ).  As they say in coding,
the more eyes the shallower the bugs, so it is with drinking games, the
more eyes the more and better the rules, so help me out here and add to
the list! =)

GLLUGMLDG
=========

Items:

- Posting an off-topic question
--- Because you expect the list members to have similar interests to you
--- Apologizing for it in the post
- Posting a URL with no description
- Posting with every line indented 10 characters
- Screenshots (unless they actually contain something interesting)
- Posting answers using FreeBSD commands instead of Linux commands
--- Prefacing the answer with "This is how you do it in FreeBSD"
- Replying to your own post
--- Before anyone else does
--- With something other than a correction
- Asking for recommendations on hardware
--- Buying something different anyways
----- Gloating about how cool it is
------- Eventually complaining to the list about how it sucks
--------- Asking for recommendations on replacement hardware...

Directions: Consume 1 (one) unit of your favorite tasty beverage
for each of the above infractions!

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
                -- Jules de Gaultier