Gimp Q

Alan Garrison agarris@voyager.net
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 00:40:03 -0400

I've been doing screen captures of particular windows
in Xfree from the Tk apps I've been writing for my
tutorial (which I'm still working on, whoops! :) and
the screencaps are coming out grainy.  I usually run
X in 32-bit mode, so I dropped down to 8-bit mode.  They
are still grainy without any modification in Gimp (which
is what I'm using for the captures).  I can clean them up
a little using posterize, but I am wondering is there
something I can set to make the captured image as clear
as the actual window?  I'm still on XFree 3.3.5/6 (not
4.0), and it does it on two of my machines.

--
Alan Garrison  ___ agarris@voyager.net
"MD5:  An encryption method used on the Internet."