one more (I'm sorry)

John R. Hillman jhillman@edtech.mcc.edu
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:39:21 -0400 (EDT)

Today, Ben Pfaff persuaded me to reply to Re: one more (I'm sorry):

> Specifically something like this:
>
> # Main host
> <VirtualHost pfaffben.user.msu.edu>
> ServerName pfaffben.user.msu.edu
> DocumentRoot /var/www
> #ErrorLog /var/log/apache/error.log
> #TransferLog /var/log/apache/access.log
> </VirtualHost>
>
> # Secondary host
> <VirtualHost www.gllug.org>
> ServerName www.gllug.org
> DocumentRoot /var/www/gllug
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Not that I've done this before or anything... :-)

Depending on the version of apache you're running, don't you have to have:

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4[0]

In the httpd.conf (or your vhosts0.conf if you're using that)?  I thought
that you had to do that in order to get the virtual domains to work
correctly.  At least, that's what I had to do on my machine at home.  On a
related note, I actually managed to get a virtual domain working, the
@home assigned host.domain *and* Zope.  Probably not a big deal to anyone,
but I thought it ruled.

[0] Where 1.2.3.4 is your IP address