ISO file crashes NIC driver?

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
12 Jul 2000 10:04:49 -0400

"Alan Garrison" <aeg@lbwl.com> writes:

> Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> 07/12/00 09:51AM
>
> > Maybe you could try `rsync'.  That will only copy the parts that
> > differ.
>
> I'll try this tonight, but given the nature of the problem,=20
> is the oops message probably coming from the NIC driver itself?

Oh, I forgot about the OOPSen you reported.
Try `ksymoops' that comes with the kernel sources to find out for sure.

> I didn't see anything like "OOPS in tulip.c" or anything=20
> which indicates what was going on (again, I'm no system=20
> level expert).

Heh, me neither when it comes to kernel problems.  If you don't
get this resolved maybe you should try
linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu, though 2.0.x is kinda old now.
--
"Welcome to the Slippery Slope. Here is your handbasket.
 Say, can you work 70 hours this week?"