CD burner

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:13:34 -0400

I don't have the URL onhand, check the homepage
for "cdrecord", it should have a list of compatible
drives.  Since it's SCSI, chances are it will work.
$182 doesn't sound bad at all, even though the
6x is only so-so on speed (given that the 12x drives
are out now).  8x takes me around 8-10 minutes to
burn a CD, so you are looking at 12-15 minutes (?).

As mentioned at the last meeting:  When in doubt, Plextor.

>>> Mark Szidik - MLC <szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us> 07/13/00 11:00AM >>>

Yamaha External CRW 6416SXZ SCSI-2 CDRW Kit,
6X Write, 4X Re-write, 16X Read

Does this sound like a decent writer for $182.50 (including shipping)?

Linux compatible?

Thanks,

-Mark