CD burner

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
13 Jul 2000 11:31:53 -0400

"Alan Garrison" <aeg@lbwl.com> writes:

> > Those who follow
> > linux-kernel will notice the recent difficulties with some
> > Plextor drives in some situations.
>
> I haven't heard of this.  Are the problems specific to
> Plextors?  My two Plextor drives have operated at
> 100% (on an old kernel, not bleeding edge).

I don't remember the exact problem but yes it was specific to
specific models of Plextors.  Try searching a linux-kernel
archive if you're really interested.  It was fairly trivial like
not always locking the tray properly or something like that.

> (uh oh, I'm replying to Ben via Groupwise, let's
> see how many duplicates he gets... ;)

I always get doubles from you on mail that goes to the list.
Stupid Novell programmers can't read RFCs I guess.