Sean, something for your LUG. (fwd)

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
13 Jul 2000 23:38:14 -0400

Alan Garrison <agarris@voyager.net> writes:

> Personally, I'm satisfied with my Sony DDS unit, so I'm
> not in the market to throw $400 for another tape drive.

Frankly, one of the reasons I bought a DDS-compatible unit
(besides the capacity) was the fact that I could interchange
cartridges with others.

And I'm not sure I'd *ever* buy a single-source device again.
I've been burned on this sort of thing before.  What happens when
the company goes bankrupt in two years and there are no more
tapes or drives available?

(Not that I'm implying that these drives aren't good or that the
company is going to go bankrupt.  I know nothing at all about the
drives or the company.)