Prolly a silly question, but...

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:14:08 -0400

Just to sound like a broken record, MSU surplus
has a number of older 3Com cards (along with
a recent boxload of ISA Linksys and no-name
brands), and still have some PCI Linksys card
(as of 7:30am this morning).

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Alan Garrison wrote:

>>With the NIC problem I've been having, I was trying to
>>come up with an alternate solution (short of replacing
>>the $25 Tulip-based card with a $75 3com).  I assume
>
>Gack!  $35 Intel Inbusiness adaptor is what I'd suggest :) (not >the
digital chips manuf'ed by Intel either)

	My favorites are the 3coms.. I've got a bunch of 3c509s and
590/905's.  The PNP ISA versions are software programmable so I can always
work around conflicts without dealing with jumpers or buggy PNP BIOSes.
That, and you can find the 509s for around $5 ea.