Reminder: GLLUG meeting Wednesday (7/19) at Atmosphere

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:32:10 -0400 (EDT)

> "Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> 07/17/00 11:40AM
>
> > My bandwidth may not be the best but you can connect throughout
> > my whole house on four floors. You even can sit next to the fire
> > place in the winter while doing your downloading.
>
> "I like your 'Melting Screen' screensaver."
> "What screensaver?"
> "OH CRAP!  The laptop is too close to the fireplace!"

I forgot to say that the fireplace is not functional[1] but you can let your
imagination take care of the rest.

[1] since they tossed a couched into it a few years back and almost burned
the house down[2]

[2] I wasn't around when this happened.

Overall I got to say having Linux and the website and the wired rooms really
works out for our house. We recruited a few people over the web and it
certainely helps finding members with that little tech advantage.