New Mac MP's and the Cube design

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 19 Jul 00 22:47:28 -0400

>Apple  finally released G-4 450MHZ and 500MHZ dual processor machines
>(starting at 2500) and the Cube which is a 8 inch computer inside a clear
>case with a G-4 400 (1800) and doesnt have an internal fan.

The cube is a 450, not a 400. If you are lucky enough to be an MSU
student, you can get them for $1699. As for the MP systems, you can grab
them if you are a student for $2250 and $3150.

>New iMac colours and configurations which i believe have agp slots in
>them and svga out.

The old DV's and DV S.E. iMacs had svga out, and the new ones have the
Rage128 with 16 MB on the motherboard, not an AGP slot (aww crap)

>They also have a 350mhx g-3 tower for 799  and an iMac that will be
>starting at 799.

Unfortunately they don't ship until September.

I think I'm gonna get a 450x2 and maybe throw a half gig of RAM into
it...wonder how linux will run with that much power under it's belt?

-Mike

P.S.  He's right, the cubes frickin' rule

|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
|A26079565                 |
"The future is no place to place your better days" -DMB