[broken record] Still no topic for next GLLUG meeting...

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:14:02 -0400

Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net> 07/24/00 10:05AM
> I've kinda been wondering ever since the installfest what a *smooth*
> installation of linux looks like =P  Most of them did go ok finally but it
> seemed like some people took half a day to get going.

I would think a lot of that was explaining various things to
the attendees of the installfest.  Plus, doing an install on
some 486-class machine with a 4x CDROM takes a while.  :)

Although I have the FreeBSD 4.0 discs at home, I still
haven't installed it yet.  Perhaps a demo install of FreeBSD?
I could (perhaps) bring a O/S'less machine.  I actually
recently acquired an old socket-5 (dual cpu) box which
I could bring in for demo purposes.