Debian 2.2 (Potato) test release 3 CD

Alan Garrison agarris@voyager.net
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:25:23 -0400

If anyone is interested, I have a i386 Binary-1 CD image
of 2.2 "Test Release 3" (thanks to Narayan's cable modem).
I just installed it on one of my workstations, and while
it isn't quite as newbie-friendly as, say, Mandrake, it
looks pretty solid.  There was only one minor package
which wouldn't install for some reason.  I had some
minor trouble getting it to set up Xfree86 correctly,
but I have it working now.

If anyone would like a CD burned with this, please respond
to me via email directly by Sunday, 2pm (if you want a
copy by the GLLUG meeting at 6:00pm).  $1/per CD as usual.
This isn't the official "2.2 Potato" release yet, but it
looks like the Test Cycle 3 will be 99.99% release quality.

BIG NOTE:  The image I have seems to be a little different
than the "official" image at cdimage.debian.org.  I
downloaded a mirror version of the ".raw" file, and it
looks like they updated the official.  I don't know why
at the moment, but as I said, the one I have did install.
I will look into this further, but I'm not the big
Debian expert on the list... :)

--
Alan Garrison  ___ agarris@voyager.net
"MD5:  An encryption method used on the Internet."