Browsers

Adam bsdx@looksharp.net
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:19:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Alan Garrison wrote:

>For Gnome users, there is also "gtop" which has
>all sorts of pretty colors and charts (of course
>gtop itself takes a little bit more resources
>than "top").  I'm sure KDE has something similar.
>When running bloated things like netscape, I
>usually have an xterm somewhere just running "top"
>just so I can see how much memory is being munched.

One I recommend is lavaps from http://www.isi.edu/~johnh/SOFTWARE/LAVAPS/
It makes a lava lamp with blobs the size of the memory or other aspects
the processes take up and you can click on them for more information and
even control them with renice and kills from menu.  kinda configurable and
would be interesting on a busy computer.  You may need to play around with
the -geometry switch to get a useful size.  Its based on tk 2.something.
Run it during a party and impress nerds and non-nerds alike! :)