kernel upgrade on Yellowdog

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
06 Jun 2000 13:14:37 -0400

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> > I don't think PowerPC uses LILO.
>
> And I thought I knew Linux. I guess I only know one side of Linux a little bit
> =) What do they use then?

$ dpkg --info quik_2.0e-0.1.deb
 new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 170136 bytes: control archive= 1902 bytes.
      15 bytes,     1 lines      conffiles
     461 bytes,    12 lines      control
     706 bytes,    12 lines      md5sums
    1801 bytes,    46 lines   *  postinst             #!/bin/sh
     591 bytes,    27 lines   *  preinst              #!/bin/sh
     186 bytes,     6 lines   *  prerm                #!/bin/sh
 Package: quik
 Version: 2.0e-0.1
 Section: base
  The quik package provides the functionality necessary for booting a
  Linux Debian/PowerPC PowerMac or CHRP system from disk. It includes
  first and second stage disk bootstrap and a program for installing the
  first stage bootstrap on the root disk.