Next GLLUG meeting: June 21 at AAI

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 09:32:14 -0400

Unless there are any protests and mass demonstrations,
the next GLLUG meeting will be on June 21 (Wed) at
Atmosphere Annealing, Inc (Roger's place).  Ben Pfaff
said he can do a LaTeX intro.  I have received interest
in me doing a Python/Tk thing, which I can do eventually
but I don't think I can do a good intro within two weeks
(since I still haven't coded one thing using Tk yet).

For the uninitiated, LaTeX (pronounced LAY-tek, not
LAY-tecks) is a typesetting language that is freely
available on the net.  If you are running Linux, chances
are you already have it installed.  If you have any of
Ben's or my GLLUG handouts, those were done using LaTeX.
LaTeX is *very easy* once you get a hang of the syntax
(heck, I picked it up during a slow Saturday just reading
a few docs I found on the net).

Mark your calendars, remind your friends, tatoo it on
your face:  Wednesday, June 21 at AAI, 6:00pm.