sheesh...

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:27:50 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah I could not believe some of the negative comments. I consider the Linux
Jorunal an international magazine so I would hate to see them conform to the
narrow-minded view most Americans have regarding nudity and sexuality. I thought
the naked man was a simple depiction that Linux people think different, do
different and don't care about the outer shell as much as what is inside. On
the other hand the guy wasn't even that hot looking anyways. It wasn't even
depicting any genitalia. They were honest which I hope the Linux people would
be and left the butt crack showing. I am close to demanding they put some of
the Linux Loving Sluts on the cover next time.....

I don't even think the guy was meant that much as a joke. I simply feel it had
artistic value. Putting a guy naked at a piano in a field of <godknowswhat> and
he smiles..... I don't know about you but I love to be where that guy was right
now. I mean wouldn't everybody trade the damn cubicle against some relaxation
with a good amount of snacks on your back and some silent music and waves from
the ocean? When I saw that pic I concentrated on the surroundings and not the
skin. You got to see the whole picture.

What was worst......one guy was ashamed of the Penguin mascot. How can you not
like our Penguin??? Penguin vs. Window. C'mon we got one of the koolest mascots
around, maybe not, but we definitely don't have the worst around which is a
Window....

I wait for the day the world turns back towards real people and we will see a
group photo of Linus and god-so-hairy Alan on the cover of 'Time' instead of
bleachsoaked puppets.

> > Just browsed
through this month's Linux
Journal I grabbed > out of my mailbox 15 minutes ago.  Some people got very