curious

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:15:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Daniel R . Kilbourne wrote:
> I know this will start a debate, but out of curiosity what window
> managers/ desktop environments do people here use? I personally use
> WindoMaker, but was just wondering......

Using Enlightenment and Gnome right now, but Gnome doesn't appear to be
doing much to help me other than providing a task list, system load meter,
and a clock. =P  E has problems with sloppy focus on multi-head displays,
which is really annoying, though "focus follows mouse cursor" seems to
work fine.  In the past I've transitioned from FVWM to AfterStep to
WindowMaker and now to E.  WindowMaker is really nice on slower boxes
because it's not overburdened by eye-candy.  E on a fast machine is pretty
nice, though I personally have most of the eye-candy turned off (personal
preference, my desktop is very minimal).  E pretty much requires you to
use the built-in config tools, as in you can't exit X, edit the config by
hand, and have it work right, which I find majorly annoying
sometimes.  Anyways, that's enough for now, gotta go!

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services