(OT) E-mail

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
27 Jun 2000 11:33:19 -0400

Sean <picasso@madflower.com> writes:

> I am surprised it is set to 1945 though. Usually when the onboard battery
> dies it resets back to 1956 which is like Steve Wozniaks birthday or
> something along those lines. (its just one of the myths and legends about
> macs)

There's a version number in the Linux kernel somewhere that was
at first Linus' birthdate, then became the birthdate of his first
child, then his second.  Or something like that.  D*mned[1] if I
can remember where it is though, and grep isn't helping.

[1] Censored for the benefit of impressionable youngsters on the
list.

--
"There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you.
 And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you.