DNS Hosting

John R. Hillman jhillman@edtech.mcc.edu
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:46:00 -0400 (EDT)

Today, Ben Pfaff persuaded me to reply to Re: DNS Hosting:

> Have a look at my presentation "IPv4 for the Hypothetical Geek."
> Toward the back there's a short discussion of how to set up
> simple DNS along with sample configuration files.  It's probably
> not enough for what you want to do but it should give you an idea
> of how to get started.

Speaking of hypotheticals, and having an @home (intermittent) service (at
home of all places), I'm wondering if @home will allow you to point a
domain at one of their IP's.  I've got a (supposedly) dynamic IP (although
second level support told me it's really static and I've had it set for
static since day one and it's never changed), so that would complicate
things (mebee).

Anyway, any other @home users have their own domains pointing to their
@home assigned IP?  Howdja doit?

TIA!

--
John R. Hillman
Multimedia Developer/System Administrator

  9:43pm  up 1 day,  4:37,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00