Input devices

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
29 Jun 2000 10:27:27 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> This seems to work quite well, except that I can't type on
> QWERTY keyboards very well anymore... ;)

Can't you reprogram any keyboard to be Dvorak with an appropriate
keymap file?

> On that note, does anyone have *any* interesting input devices?
> Ergonomic keyboards, trackballs, funky mice, anything unusual or good
> enough to merit showing others?  Maybe have an "input device
> show-and-tell" or something at a meeting? =)

I just bought a new keyboard to replace my Microsoft Natural
Keyboard 1.0.  The M$-anointed successors, all three or four
versions, all suck for different reasons.  But I found one that's
almost identical in layout: the CompUSA Ergonomic Keyboard, $30
at CompUSA.  I like it.
--
"It takes a certain amount of shamelessness
 to be a monomaniac billionaire dwarf."