Good Linux Distrib. for the Mac

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:16:14 -0400 (EDT)

I use LinuxPPC 2k, just because I always have and its very similar to
redhat. The guys that do YellowDog are really cool and i have
heard it was a pretty good distro. I havent heard much about turbo linux
besides its a hit in Japan.

I would probably give YellowDog the thumbs up.

SUSE just released a version of LinuxPPC.

I believe the debian version still has a bit of work since its a pretty
new port for them.

www.linuxppc.org is the place to go for decent info. Its not exactly the
same the X86 version as far as installing. Once it is up and running,
you can't tell the difference.

Dual booting is the easiest install if you have an extra drive or
partition.

and check out the mac-on-linux project =)
http://www.ibrium.se/linux/mac_on_linux.html