(OT) DOS <shudder> networking

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:35:08 -0400 (EDT)

Couldnt he set up a linux server with nfs and samba, make a bootable
floppy with an nfs client and fdisk, fdisk the drive as bootable, loopback
mount the image and copy the files over? And end up replacing the server
with the images on it with a linux box. He should be able to hit
the box via samba with his win98 boxes (or does samba support dos?, well
according to the FAQ the owner wrote samba in part to connect dos to his
linux box)

The other way I can think of offhand is to set it up a Linux box running
the linux version of netware and use a dos bootable disk that can mount
netware shares.

*plink plink*