(OT) DOS <shudder> networking

Benjamin Minshall minshal1@pilot.msu.edu
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:43:35 -0400

Unfortunately, you're faced with very few options here.  The best thing to do
if possible is to burn a CD or Cd set with a spanned GHOST image (invoke ghost
with -SPAN=650 to break the image into 650 meg chunks)  and put ghost on a
bootdisk with CD-ROM drivers.  This is the preferred method if all of your
systems have CD drives.

If you must use the network, I recommend setting up a NetWare emulator (or just
using a NetWare server if you have one) and booting from a Novell DOS disk.
This sounds nasty, but Novell is the only network system that still has decent
DOS support.  This is method I use at work, but we have a full production
NetWare LAN.  Avoid it if you can, if not, I can get you some conf files and
stuff for DOS booting.