(OT) DOS <shudder> networking

Benjamin Minshall minshal1@pilot.msu.edu
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:48:44 -0400

Ahhh, a pure Linux solution - ditch GHOST all together.  Create a linux boot
disk with NFS support and mount a drive on your server.

To create the image run:  # dd if=/dev/hda of=/path/to/network/myimage.bin

Do the inverse to clone the machine back: # dd if=/path/to/network/myimage.bin
of=/dev/hda

I'm not sure if dd needs any more parameters than that..perhaps someone else
could add to my idea.

-Ben