Ethernet problems

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:50:34 -0500 (EST)

*takes stab*

Your nameserver isnt working right or your dhcp isnt working right (which
maybe related to a nameserver problem depending on how your getting your
nameserver information.)

Also make sure you have a line like:
append ="ether =0,0,eth0  ether=0,0,eth1"
in your /etc/lilo.conf file. (if not add it at the top and rerun lilo. 6.1
will autodetect the 2nd nic card, its more of a precaution than anything
else.)

If those are all working correctly, disable routed
(/etc/rc.d/init.d/routed). It might be timing out looking for a server to
grab routing tables from especially if someone else has it configured on
the network.