Compaq Proliant 3k

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 07:45:17 -0500

Benjamin Minshall wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone have any experience running Linux on a Compaq Proliant
> 3000?  Specifically with a 3200 Series SmartArray controller?  I'm not
> very familiar with hardware RAID under Linux; is there anyone who can
> fill me in or point me in the right direction?
>
> -Ben
> --

Ben,

We're running some cpq 3000 servers here but we don't have Linux on any of
them.  We do have a cpq 2500 server we're running Linux on and there's no
problem working with the cpq scsi controller (comes up as ncr53c8xx) in it
but we haven't tried running raid either.  In finding answers to a few
problems early on when setting up this server a cpq tech directed me to
this site.  Maybe it'll help you.  Good Luck.

http://www.geocities.com/rlcomp_1999/

Mike Rambo
Lansing School District