perl scripts

Torgo Jr agarris@voyager.net
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 21:32:17 -0500

Sean wrote:

> Does anyone have any scripts for loading data into a sql database with
> perl? I just need some exapmples to go by. They don't have to be that
> great, Im a much better hacker than I am a programmer.

I got a few at work that parse out data from a text file
or another database and inserts data into other tables.
All of these are for Oracle 8, but Perl's DBI should make
changing DB's pretty generic.  I'll try to remember to email
them to you Tuesday if you want them.  They are probably not
works of art, but the work.  :)

--
Alan Garrison _ agarris@voyager.net
"I think it's unfair that only one company can make Monopoly."